Documenting the American South

Home
The Digital Blue Ridge Parkway
 

About this Image

Title Sign in Bluff Park looking south
Title Note negative 7359
Date 1940
Description Sign in Bluff Park, looking south, near milepost 241, off of Blue Ridge Parkway. Image taken from the National Park Service, Blue Ridge Parkway Headquarters and taken by "JEV" in 1940.
Commentary Bluff Park is now Doughton Park (formerly known as the Bluffs) and was named after Congressman Robert L. Doughton because of his long time support for the Blue Ridge Parkway. Doughton Park includes meadows, pioneer cabins, and a diverse amount of wildlife.
Location Location Name: Milepost 241
Parkway Milepost: 241.0
Latitude: 36.434141
Longitude: -81.175697
Creator Individual J.E.V.
Tags Access roads
Alleghany County (N.C.)
Bluff Park (N.C.)
Doughton Park (N.C.)
Doughton, Robert Lee
Photographs
Roads
Signs and signboards
Credit Courtesy National Park Service, Blue Ridge Parkway