Documenting the American South

Home
The Digital Blue Ridge Parkway
 

About this Image

Title Bluff Park looking south
Title Note negative 7365
Date 1940
Description View of road and sign near Bluff Park, looking south at section 2C, milepost 241, off of Blue Ridge Parkway. Image taken from the National Park Service, Blue Ridge Parkway Headquarters and taken by JEV in 1940.
Commentary Bluff Park is now Doughton Park (formerly known as the Bluffs) was named after Congressman Robert L. Doughton because of his long time support for the Blue Ridge Parkway. Doughton Park includes meadows, pioneer cabins, and a diverse amount of wildlife.
Location Location Name: Milepost 241
Parkway Milepost: 241.0
Latitude: 36.434141
Longitude: -81.175697
Creator Individual J.E.V.
Tags Alleghany County (N.C.)
Bluff Park (N.C.)
Doughton Park (N.C.)
Doughton, Robert Lee
Photographs
Roads
Signs and signboards
Credit Courtesy National Park Service, Blue Ridge Parkway