Documenting the American South

Home
The Digital Blue Ridge Parkway
 

About this Image

Title Bluff Park Blacksmith and Repair Garage
Date 1941
Description Bluff Park Blacksmith and Repair Garage, on milepost 238.6 on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Image taken from the National Park Service, Blue Ridge Parkway Headquarters and taken by JEV in 1941. Bluff Park is now known as Doughton Park.
Commentary Originally known as the Bluffs, Doughton Park was named after Congressman Robert L. Doughton, a long-time advocate and supporter of the parkway.
Location Location Name: Milepost 238
Parkway Milepost: 238.0
Latitude: 36.422705
Longitude: -81.138681
Creator Individual J.E.V.
Tags Alleghany County (N.C.)
Blacksmiths
Bluff Park (N.C.)
Bluffs
Bluffs Gas Station (N.C.)
Building
Doughton Park (N.C.)
Garages
Photographs
The Bluffs (N.C.)
Credit Courtesy National Park Service, Blue Ridge Parkway