Documenting the American South

Home
The Digital Blue Ridge Parkway
 

About this Image

Title Camping Site
Title Note Negative 970
Date January 6, 1958
Description Camp site with lunch table in Doughton Park Campground, milepost 239, off of Blue Ridge Parkway. Image taken from the National Park Service, Blue Ridge Parkway Headquarters and taken by Donald H. Robinson, January 6, 1958.
Commentary Originally known as the Bluffs, Doughton Park was named after Congressman Robert L. Doughton, a long-time advocate and supporter of the parkway.
Location Location Name: Doughton Park
Parkway Milepost: 241.0
Latitude: 36.40596
Longitude: -81.17425
Creator Individual Donald H. Robinson
Creator Organization United States Department of the Interior
Tags Alleghany County (N.C.)
Bluff Park (N.C.)
Bluff Recreational Area (N.C.)
Bluffs
Doughton Park (N.C.)
Photographs
The Bluffs (N.C.)
Credit United States Department of the Interior