Bicentennial Clock, Carthage
This clock honors the bicentennial of Carthage, 1796-1996. It was paid for by donations from local people, who are named on bricks and plaques displayed near the clock.
Plaque: 1796 1996 / BICENTENNIAL CLOCK / DEDICATED TO THE / PEOPLE OF CARTHAGE / JULY 4, 1996 / BICENTENNIAL COMMITTEE / BILLIE M. MACKEY, EXEC. DIR. / SHERWOOD F. LAPPING / CHAIRMAN - CLOCK PROJECT / CAROL CLEETWOOD, SEC.
Plaque: THIS / BICENTENNIAL CLOCK / WAS PURCHASED AND / INSTALLED THROUGH / GENEROUS DONATIONS / BY OR IN THE HONOR / OF THOSE WHOSE / NAMES ARE ON THESE / PLAQUES OR ENGRAVED / ON THE BRICKS WHICH / SURROUND IT.
July 4, 1996
35.345390 , -79.417270 View in Geobrowse
"Carthage, NC Town Clock," Waymarking.com, (accessed June 24, 2014) Link
The monument is located beside the current Moore County Court Building, on Court House Circle, in Carthage, NC.
The clock stands in front of a federal building, on a red brick pavilion near the center of town. The green clock is between the U.S. flag and the North Carolina flag.