John Franklin Moore, Mooresville
The John Franklin Moore memorial is a steel plaque with a high serpentine shaped top on a steel pole. The serpentine arch at the top has a wreath surrounding the Stars and Bars, first Confederate national flag, and stylized UDC letters for the United Daughters of the Confederacy. The inscription and image appear on both sides of the plaque.
JOHN FRANKLIN MOORE / 1822-1877 / PIONEER CITIZEN. DONOR OF / LAND FOR CIVIC USE. MOORESVILLE / WAS NAMED IN HIS HONOR. ERECTED BY / BATTLE OF BENNTONVILLE CHAPTER / UNITED DAUGHTERS OF THE CONFEDERACY - 1950
35.582350 , -80.813160 View in Geobrowse
“The Town Of Mooresville,” Mooresville Museum, http://www.themooresvillemuseum.org, (accessed July 28, 2016) Link
Battle of Bentonville Chapter United Daughters of the Confederacy
The memorial plaque is located in John Franklin Moore Park which is a long narrow, triangle patch between South Main and South Broad streets where they intersect with East and West Center Avenues at the historic train depot. A short distance from this marker is a memorial to Lebanon Peace Keeping Force.
The memorial plaque on a steel pole stands surrounded by trees and bushes.