Present the Kings most Excellent Majesty in Council.
Whereas eight Acts were passed in the Province of North Carolina during the time the said Province was under the Government of the late Lords Proprietors entitled
1. An Act to direct the disposal of Goods taken upon executions and for the better regulating of distresses hereafter to be made for levying of Quit rents Passed in 1715.
2. An Act for preventing disputes concerning Lands already surveyed. Passed in 1715.
3. An Act to regulate divers abuses in the taking up of Lands and to ascertain the method to be observed from henceforth in taking up & surveying Lands. Passed in 1715.
4. An Act concerning Escheat Lands & Escheators. Passed in 1715.
5. Public Treasurers to give Account. Passed in 1715.
6. An Act appointing that part of Albemarle County lying on the west side of Chowan River to be a Precinct by the name of Bertie Precinct. Passed in 1722.
7. An Act for incorporating the Sea Port of Beaufort in Carteret Precinct into a Township by the name of Beaufort. Passed in 1723.
8. An Act to appoint that part of Albemarle County lying on the south side of Albemarle sound and Moraltuck river as high as the rainbow banks to be a Precinct by the name of Tyrrell Precinct. Passed in 1729.
Which Acts together with a representation from the Lords Commrs for Trade & Plantations proposing the repeal thereof having been referred to the consideration of a Committee of the Lords of His Majesty's most honble Privy Council for Plantation Affairs The said Lords of the Committee did this day report to His Majesty as their opinion that the said Acts ought to be repealed—
His Majesty taking the same into consideration was pleased with the advice of His Privy Council to declare His Disallowance of the said Acts—And pursuant to His Majesty's royal Pleasure thereupon expressed, the said Acts are hereby repealed declared void and of none effect.
Whereof the Governor or Commander in Chief of His Majesty's Province of North Carolina for the time being and all others whom it may concern are to take notice and Govern themselves accordingly.
A true Copy.