Your favour of the 23d Augt is now before me and am so exceedingly hurryed I cannot be particular herewith. I send you my last letters from the Commanders on the frontiers of So Carolina & Virginia.
If the Indians evacuate the Middle & Valley Towns and our provisions will hold out and it be possible to March to the overhill Townso Williamson's Letter. I have ordered 130 under three Captains to Range and defend the forts on the frontiers of Tryon, 175 on the frontiers of Rowan, 100 on Surry.
I am in a very imperfect state of health, but will be as assidious as possible in executing the important trust reposed in me.
My best compliments to the gentlemen of the Council.
P. S. I am this moment informed by the pack horse master General that there is about 1400 pack horses one driver to each 4 horses a pack horse master over every 10 drivers. We have 40 days provision.