Your favor of yesterday I have just received, and would do myself the Honor of waiting on you to-Morrow, if it were practicable for the General officers of the Militia to Attend, But, Sir, Generals Rutherford and Harrington are, by information I received last evening, forty-five miles below this on the East side of P. D., at Mask's Ferry. They both cannot leave the Brigade there at the same Time without risk. Brig. Williams, who Commands a Brigade now with me, is so Indisposed as not to be able to attend to the Duties of his Station; add to this that I am far from being in a good State of Health and the Troops like to want Bread unless some spirited measures are pursued & supported by proper Authority. Under these circumstances I flatter myself you will readily
The Militia are now passing the Yadkin & I propose moving down to Colston's, thirty miles below this, in the fork of P. D. & Rocky River.