Your Letter of the 1st Inst. is just at hand. Winston is returned but with a small sum in Cash, I have however exchanged some. Mr. Spaight is in as disagreeable a situation with regard to Cash as myself, he is to be here to-morrow when the Council is appointed to meet, we shall then determine whether he or myself or both are to go on the Convention; Dr. Williamson is appointed instead of Mr. Willie Jones and will go on, Congress have recommended by resolve, a Convention to be at Philadelphia for the same Purpose the second Monday in May, this I suppose will be the same Generally acceded to by the deputies; the first of May will be in that case Time enough for us to set out. Mr. Speight thinks the allowance not sufficient as ’tis probable the Convention may sit longer than we at first apprehended & as we are to acc’t he thinks with me, that ’tis best to draw one months further allowance, least we should be stinted as he was at Congress & obliged to run in debt, I have therefore enclosed you
The Bearer cannot be prevailed upon to wait the determination of the Council, otherwise you should be more certainly informed of my going or stay, but I will if opportunity offers in any short Time write you further.