The LeGrand, a short-lived storefront movie theater located in a downtown hotel building, was opened by a former patent medicine salesman.
The LeGrand had been open only three days when Washington Wells was taken ill and died. The LeGrand was sold to Frank Peiffer in the summer of 1909, and he opened the Joyland Theater in that space in September 1909.
The LeGrand was a situated in one of the two storefront spaces on the first floor of Bonitz Hotel Building at 129 Market Street, near the corner of Market and 2nd Street in downtown Wilmington. The space is noted on the 1910 Sanborn map as "moving pictures," and is approximately 20 feet wide and 75 feet deep.