Moore County Bicentennial Commemoration, Carthage
The Moore County Bicentennial Commemoration Monument is a bronze plaque placed on a smaller, rectangular piece of granite. The plaque faces upward and the inscription on the plaque references individuals holding public positions at the time of commemoration, 200 years after Moore County was first founded.
Top: BICENTENNIAL COMMEMORATION
Left side: COUNTY COMMISSIONERS / ARTHUR L. PURVIS, CHM. / JIMMY RILEY, V. CHM / ANTHONY E. PARKER / DR. CHARLES A. PHILLIPS, M.D. / WILLIAM E. SIMMONS / ROY L. LOWE, COUNTY MANAGER
Center: MOORE COUNTY / 1784 / 200-YEARS / 1984 / NORTH CAROLINA
Right side: GOVERNOR OF NORTH CAROLINA / JAMES B. HUNT, JR. / STATE SENATORS / WANDA HUNT / RUSSELL G. WALKER / STATE REPRESENTATIVES / T. CLYDE AUMAN
Bottom: DEDICATED / JULY 4, 1984
Town of Carthage
July 4, 1984
35.345630 , -79.416920 View in Geobrowse
County of Moore North Carolina. "History," www.moorecountync.gov, (accessed December 28, 2012) Link
The monument is located in Courthouse Square. The historic courthouse sits along NC Route 22/24/27 at Monroe Street.
The monument sits on the lawn of Courthouse Square. The James Rogers McConnell Memorial is also located on Courthouse Square.