World War Two Memorial, Lowell
The memorial is an upright rectangular granite slab with a shallow pyramid top on a single base.
The total height is about eight feet. Incised above the inscription is large American Eagle with
Images: Far-off view
ERECTED 1950 / BY / THE CITIZENS OF LOWELL / IN HONOR OF / THE MEN AND WOMEN WHO /
SERVED IN WORLD WAR II
THOSE WHO PAID / THE SUPREME SACRIFICE / [Left column] ROBERT Q. FORD, JR. / RUBEN W. RECTOR / JAMES T. BROOME / BROADUS M. CALDWELL / EUGENE F. STROUPE / EARL FYRE /
[Right column] ROBERT F. HAND / CHARLES W. NIPPER / LOWRY REED WILSON, JR. / S. OTTO RECTOR / CLYDE E. PEELER / HANSIL DELLINGER
City of Lowell
35.266740 , -81.101390 View in Geobrowse
Jenkins, Alice. “War Memorial Is Dedicated,” The Gastonia Gazette (Gastonia, NC), June 10, 1950
Citizens of Lowell
Lowell City Hall is located at the corner of S. Main Street and W. 1 st Street. The monument is to the right of City Hall on W. 1st Street, a few feet off the side walk in front of a parking lot.
The memorial stands on the parking lot lawn, under shady trees.