Source: George Reynolds Monument
George Reynolds Monument, Guilford Courthouse
A roughly-cut rectangular granite marker stands in memory of Captain George Reynolds. The memorial is 3'10" high and 4' wide.
Front: IN MEMORIAM / CAPT. GEORGE REYNOLDS / 1754 - 1813 / OFFICER UNDER GENERAL GREENE IN / REVOLUTIONARY ARMY
Rear: ERECTED BY CHARTER MEMBERS OF / GEORGE REYNOLDS CHAPTER D.A.R. /
[Left column] MRS. E.R. TAYLOR / MRS. K.R. MILLNER / MRS. E.T. WITHERS / MRS. M.T. DAVIDSON / MRS. K.M. KING / MRS. C.M. CARTER /
[Right column] MRS. A.M. IVEY / MRS. M.R. SNOW / MRS. H.W. PENN / MISS. A.R. MILLNER / MISS A.H. TAYLOR / MISS M.E. MILLNER / DONATED BY / J.E AND T.E. REYNOLDS
Guilford Battleground Company
November 23, 1928
36.132580 , -79.844500 View in Geobrowse
"Inventory Form - Guilford Courthouse National Military Park," National Register of Historic Places, (accessed February 6, 2012) Link
Baker, Thomas E. and Michael H. White. The Monuments at Guilford Courthouse National Military Park, North Carolina, (Greensboro, NC: Guilford Courthouse NMP, 1991)
“Capt. George Reynolds,” The Historical Marker Database, HMdb.org, (accessed April 11, 2018) Link
The monument was donated by J.F. and T.E. Reynolds.
The monument was unveiled by members of the George Reynolds Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Captain George Reynolds was an officer under Greene in the Revolutionary War.
The memorial is located in Guilford Courthouse National Military Park, at stop 8 of the Auto Tour Road. It is within sight of the prominent Nathaniel Greene monument, alongside an old road (now a walking path); it is very close to the former location of the now-removed Clio monument and a few steps away from Joseph Morehead Monument.
The marker stands on grass with several memorials within walking distance.