Documenting the American South

Home
The Digital Blue Ridge Parkway
 

About this Image

Title Carpenter and paint shop, Bldg #109 Built by CCC in 1941
Date February 1976
Description Photograph of a maintenance shop that was built by the Civilian Conservation Corps in 1941, located at the Bluffs maintenance area near mile post 245.3 in section 2C of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Taken by F.A. Ketterson, Jr. in February 1976.
Location Location Name: Milepost 245
Parkway Milepost: 245.0
Latitude: 36.388328
Longitude: -81.204258
Creator Individual F.A. Ketterson, Jr.
Tags Automobiles
Bluff Park (N.C.)
Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.)
Doughton Park (N.C.)
Garages
Maintenance
Photographs
Credit Courtesy National Park Service, Blue Ridge Parkway